Canary Project Team
William L. Hunter, MD, MSC
Chief Executive Officer
- Inventor with over 200 patents and patent applications, involved in the discovery and development of the TAXUS® Drug-Eluting Coronary Stent, the Zilver PTX Peripheral Drug-Eluting Stent, and the Quill barbed wound closure device; used in over 40 million patients and recorded revenues of over $25 billion
Jeff Gross, PhD
Chief Technology Officer
- Former SVP R&D/CTO CareFusion, SVP R&D Angiotech, and executive R&D roles at Medtronic,
- 30 years medical device R&D, Commercialization, and M&A experience with over 40 patents & patents pending
Fred D. Cushner, MD, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Chief Medical Officer
- 20 years experience Orthopedic Marketing/Consulting/ Product Development, Knee Society Member
- Author of Numerous Orthopedic Textbooks/ Peer Reviewed Research Papers, Established Orthopedic Educator both national and international, Former Director ISK Institute, Design Surgeon Journey 2 prosthesis
Michael Raynor, PhD
Chief Strategy Officer
- Consultant on the topics of innovation & strategy, worked with leading companies from around the world and published four books and hundreds of articles, including “The Innovator’s Solution” with Clayton Christensen.
David D. McMasters, JD
Intellectual Property & General Counsel
- Over 30 years experience as a practicing intellectual property law attorney, and over 17 years experience as General Counsel for publicly traded dual-listed NASDAQ / TSX companies
- Zimmer President of the Americas and responsible for the largest orthopedic acquisition in US history worth 19B.
- 30+ years of orthopedic executive management, medical devices and sales expertise.
Canary Scientific Advisors
Joshua Smyth, PhD
The Pennsylvania State University
- Leading world expert on ambulatory methods to assess subjective experience & physiology, use of ambulatory interventions.
- President of the International Society for Ambulatory Assessment
- Author of + 200 scientific articles
Darrin Lehman, PhD
University of British Columbia
- Leading world expert in health psychology (e.g. coping with stressful life experiences)
- Over 18,000 citations to his research
Susan Alpert, MD, PhD
- Former head of RA at Medtronic
- Former FDA CDER Branch Division Chief